The Edwards Aquifer and Research Data Center (EARDC) offers a nonpaid Internship and Volunteer Program.
EARDC is located in rm 248 in the Freeman Aquatic Biology Building.
EARDC is divided into four areas of interest: Technical Services Center, Research Center, Data Center and an Education Center.
Internship and Volunteer opportunities at EARDC are available throughout the year and offer excellent hands-on experience in field work and a touch of laboratory analysis for those pursuing an environmental career.
Responsibilities may include:
- assist in ongoing research projects
- collection of water samples
- maintenance of endangered and threatened species display
- maintaining laboratory instruments/equipment/records
- performing basic wet chemistry analysis under the supervision of EARDC biologists/analysts
- calibration of water monitoring equipment
- involvement with the maintenance of remote water monitoring sites
Duties may also include:
- collection of endangered and threatened salamanders in area rivers, springs and caves
These positions require some background experience in aquatic biology, zoology, chemistry, environmental science, or related fields. Flexible schedules are available.
For information please contact Victor Castillo III at (512)-245-3546 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern-Volunteer Participation Release and Indemnity Form
: Intern-Vol Participation Release and Indemnity Form
Intern-Vol Participation Release and Indemnity 2015
(PDF, 13 KB)