The Edwards Aquifer and Research Data Center (EARDC) offers a nonpaid Internship and Volunteer Program. EARDC is located in rm 248 in the Freeman Aquatic Biology Building. EARDC is divided into four areas of interest: Technical Services Center, Research Center, Data Center and an Education Center. Internship and Volunteer opportunities at EARDC are available throughout the year and offer excellent hands-on experience in field work and a touch of laboratory analysis for those pursuing an environmental career.
Responsibilities may include:
- collection of endangered and threatened salamanders in area rivers, springs and caves
- assist in ongoing research projects
- collection of water samples
- maintaining laboratory instruments/equipment/records
- performing basic wet chemistry analysis under the supervision of EARDC biologists/analysts
- calibration of water monitoring equipment
- involvement with the maintenance of remote water monitoring sites
For information please contact Victor Castillo III at (512)-245-3546 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARDC Education Program
EARDC education program offers seasonal, paid part-time and full-time positions for students and teachers interested in working with our Aquatic Science Adventure Camp. Interested individuals can contact our Education Director at 512-245-3541 or email at email@example.com